I tried out this recipe being inspired from Baigan Bharta which we prepare using eggplant/brinjal. I wanted to make something unique using ladies finger apart from the usual fry which I have been making till date. This was an experiment which turned out really tasty. Hope you all like it as well.
- Ladies Finger - 750 grams(finely chopped)
- Tomatoes - 1(small, finely chopped)
- Onions - 1(medium, finely chopped)
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Red Chilli powder - 2 tablespoons
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
- Curry leaves - 5
- Corainder leaves - Half bunch
Take a pan to heat and add oil to it. Add onions and curry leaves. Fry till onions turn light brown and add turmeric powder along with salt.
Add the ladies finger pieces and mix well.
Cook for 15-20 mins by covering with a lid. Once it gets cooked, mash them using a spoon. Then add tomatoes and mix well.
Cook for another 15 mins by adding red chilli powder. Once done, garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Serve the mashed ladies finger curry with steamed rice/chapathi.