DIY Hair Removal Sugar Wax
Who doesn't want to sport smooth legs and hands? For women, sporting hairy arms and legs look ve...
- 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- 1 tablespoon of water.
- Half tablespoon of lemon juice.
Take all the ingredients in a steel bowl and mix them up.
Start heating the mixture on the stove top in low heat. When the mixture starts forming bubbles and gets frothy, start stirring the mixture with the help of a spoon. Keep stirring so that the wax does not get burned.
Once the wax starts looking like honey, take it out of the stove. Be careful as the bowl tends to get very hot.
Let it cool completely and then check the consistency. It should neither be too thick or too thin. It should be sticky like honey.
Directions For Use:
- To use it, you will need wax removing strips which are readily available in the market. But in case you don't have one, use strips of fabric particularly denim which works best.
- Apply the wax on the area which needs hair removal in a thin layer with the help of a spatula or ice cream stick in the same direction as the hair growth.
- Immediately place the piece of fabric or strip and press down tightly for few seconds making sure it's stuck completely to the wax.
- Now it is time for some pain. With a brisk motion, pull the fabric in the opposite direction of the hair growth. Wash off with plain water in case there is any wax residue.
- Some people may experience redness post waxing. You can apply some aloe vera gel or a body lotion to overcome that problem.
- Initially, you may find this process painful but gradually the area gets used to pain.
- I have just made a small quantity but if you want you can make them in batches. But remember the proportion of 2 parts sugar to one part of water with few drops of lemon juice.
- Store the leftover wax in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Before using, just re-heat the wax and use.
Try this simple homemade sugar wax recipe for hair removal and let us know what you think!
Image Source: 1
Contributed By: Divya Singh