Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer Review
A year ago, when the craze for highlighting and sculpting the face started, I bought this concealer and it was the only highlighting conceal...
About Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer:
A brighter idea in concealers: Shades: Radiant, Ivory, Buff and Honey.
• Gel-based formula diffuses light to provide on-the-spot perfection in just one touch
• Illuminates as it conceals
• Dermatologist, Allergy Tested
• Suitable for sensitive skin and for all skin types
600 INR for 1.5 ml
Directions For Use:
Twist bottom of package until product appears on the brush (may take up to 10 twists the first time). Using brush apply concealer to under eye area and on imperfections. Blend in an outward motion.
• To brighten the face, apply over brows as well as to the inner and outer corners of eyes and blend with the tip of the finger.
• Apply to sides of the nose and on the chin and blend to give your face a luminous glow.
• To sculpt and highlight facial features, apply in small strokes to the cheekbones and blend.
• To make lips look fuller, outline lips with lumi concealer and blend.
• To cover imperfections, dot concealer onto desired area and blend.
My Experience With Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer:
The product comes in a twist-up pen-like packaging. It also has a brush at the tip of the pen. You have to twist the bottom of the pen, (the first time takes a lot of twists) and then you can make the product come out. At a glance, the packaging looks very easy and hassle free but it's not. Firstly, even after using so many times, the product takes a lot of time to come out and out of impatience, I have twisted so many times that lead to the wastage of product. Secondly, a lot of concealer is trapped in the bristles of the brush. Lastly, using the brush time and again without cleaning isn't really a good thing, especially for the eye area. Thus, the package may seem hassle free and easy to travel with but I would have preferred a simple tube or a cylindrical body with a wand.
Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer is available in 3 shades only. The first two shades are too light and will only suit pale and cool toned skin while the shade "Honey" is good enough for fair-medium to olive skin tone. Unfortunately, dusky and dark skin tones will be disappointed with the shade. Despite the fact that it is not a proper concealer in the true sense, I wish more shades were available with warm undertones. The shade "Honey" is a light beige color with golden or warm undertones. While using this concealer under the eyes, make sure you are using a color corrector or a proper concealer to hide the darkness underneath. Otherwise, this concealer will appear ashy and grey. For the bridge of the nose, chin, forehead, this works pretty good as a subtle highlighter for daytime looks.
The coverage is sheer to buildable. It is only good enough for brightening and lightening the area rather than covering and hiding the imperfections. The texture of the product is really easy to work with. The consistency is neither too thick nor too runny – somewhat like the creamy gel formula. It has very fine pearl particles that are non-gritty and barely visible on the skin but gives a good brightening effect. It blends very well on the skin, especially with a damp sponge. If you are okay with the brush, you can use it too. The concealer sets quickly so you have to work really well in blending it. It hardly gets cakey but then it does have the tendency to settle into the fine lines and creases slightly, if not set immediately with a powder. I wouldn't complain too much but I have too many fine lines under my eyes. It settles down with a slightly dewy finish which is really good.
The staying power of the concealer is around 5-6 hours when set with a translucent powder. The wear time is surely increased in the winter and it stays put almost all day long. The amount is slightly less compared to the price I am paying. Also, a lot of product is wastage as well. However, the product is dermatologist and allergy tested and also non-comedogenic. Hence, it can be used for sensitive skin as well.
Pros Of Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer:
- Dupe of YSL Touche Eclat.
- Honey is the correct brightening shade for fair-medium to olive skin tone.
- Great for highlighting under eyes, bridge of the nose, chin, forehead, etc.
- It has very fine pearl particles that are non-gritty and brightening.
- The texture is creamy-gel like.
- Right consistency.
- Dewy finish and sets quickly.
- No cakey or uneven finish.
- Easy to blend and work with.
- Dermatologist & allergy tested and also non-comedogenic.
Cons Of Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Highlighting Concealer:
- Complicated packaging.
- Shade card can be improved.
- Quantity is less for the price and hence feels pricey.
- It creases and settles into fine lines if not set with a powder.
At the time when I bought this concealer, it felt really good and affordable, considering the fact that there were very few affordable options. But now, there are so many options for brightening concealers and also well-improved shade card. So I feel you may skip this product. But, if you get the right shade match, I would recommend this.