Kiss Beauty Highlighter and Contour Concealer Palette Review
A few months back the idea of contouring stuck me pretty bad and like everyone else, I wanted to try...
About Kiss Beauty Highlighter and Contour Concealer Palette:
Kiss beauty professional makeup contour and concealer palette is super delicate light powder formula, extremely perfect fitting skin, moisturizing, perfect concealer while protecting the skin, light color, shading, a box of easily creating three - dimensional facial features, so that makeup flawless lasting.
599 INR for 25 g
Directions For Use:
Apply the colors with a brush and blend with a damp blending sponge.
My Experience With Kiss Beauty Highlighter and Contour Concealer Palette:
The product comes in a rectangular packaged body with a transparent lid which you have to flip open. The overall packaging is a bit inexpensive looking and the material isn't sturdy. I haven't traveled with it but I am afraid that if I do, chances are that the lid can crack up due to pressure. Nevertheless, it is light weight. Also, a simple mirror would have been a nice touch but it is missing. Overall, the packaging is okay but nothing to be impressed about it.
The palette has 8 shades. Let me elaborate the colors below by number.
1. This color looks yellowish on the palette but somehow when I try to swatch it on my hand or face, it looks pale yellow, leaning towards off-white. This is best for highlighting if you like a matte bright highlight.
2. Next is a very close match to the previous color and you can also say that both of them look similar in a certain light. It is slightly beige in color but somehow looks similar to the previous one when I apply on face.
3. This is a pale pink color which would be ideal for neutral to cool skin tones.
4. This is a peach-pink color which is suitable for cooler skin tones.
5. Next is a warm beige color which is pretty similar to NC 15-20.
6. This is pinkish-beige concealer and very similar to the mixture of shade numbers 4 and 5.
7. This is a color corrector which is warm orange with slight peach undertones to it. Also, this is my second most used color in this palette.
8. Last is a chocolate brown color with warm undertones for contouring. The color would be perfect for medium to dusky skin tones.
The shade card is good but could have been better. It has a good mix of warm and cool shades but the pinkish tint concealers are very repetitive. Also, I would have preferred a yellow tinged brightener for the face which would be a great option for Indian skin tones.
The texture is very creamy and smooth. But somehow it is a disaster when you try to concealer under the eyes. It creases so bad and hardly does anything. Surprisingly, it charms pretty well on the face. What I figured out is that I have fine lines under eyes and also the area is dry. This is why it is difficult to work with. However, with the face, it works smoothly. It blends better on moisturized skin and looks good. I mainly use the orange corrector around the mouth and brown shade for contouring. I use a mix of shade 1 and 2 for highlighting the nose and other areas (except under eyes) and it blends well.
You have to use very little amount, blend it thoroughly and then layer it. If the layers are not blended, it will be waxy, cakey and awful. Also, you can use facial oil to blend it. In this way, it works better. Even though it gives a matte finish, you need a powder to set everything. Otherwise, it will become a mess after some time. Using too much product will lead to cakiness and won't suit the skin. The product is formulated with parabens and has a very artificial smell which I despise. It lasted on me for 4-5 hours and then started to fade. The staying power can be increased when the contouring or highlighter is well baked with a powder and set with a setting spray. The product is priced reasonably and it delivers a decent quality with certain cons.
Pros Of Kiss Beauty Highlighter and Contour Concealer Palette:
- 8 shades for cool and warm skin tones.
- Creamy smooth texture.
- Blends well on moisturized skin.
- Will suit every skin type.
- No breakouts.
- Lasts for 4-5 hours.
- Reasonable price tag.
- Great for beginners.
Cons Of Kiss Beauty Highlighter and Contour Concealer Palette:
- Packaging is flimsy.
- Shade card could have been better.
- It creases and accentuates fine lines and dry skin.
- It looks waxy.
- Bad smell and has parabens.
- Not for experts.
Diva Likes Rating:
Kiss Beauty Highlighter and Contour Concealer Palette is a good option for beginners who are trying a hand in contouring and highlighting for the first time. It has an equal amount of pros and cons and for the price, I wouldn't judge it much.