DIY: Skin Lightening Face Pack For Oily Acne Prone Skin
I have been meaning to do this post for a long time as this is my staple face pack throughout the su...
1. Yogurt or Curd
3. Sandalwood Powder
4. Fuller's Earth (Multani Mitti)
5. Rose Water (Optional)
Step By Step Procedure:
1. In a clean bowl, blend the yogurt or curd with a spoon to prevent the lumps it in. Make sure it is of a smooth uniform consistency and not too runny.
2. Add 2 tablespoons of honey in it.
3. Then, pour 1 tablespoon of rose water. Do not add more than 1 tablespoon. Otherwise, it will become runny.
4. Add 2 tablespoons of sandalwood powder to it.
6. Lastly, add 2 tablespoons of Fuller’s Earth (Multani Mitti) in the mixture.
7. Stir it very well to blend all the ingredients and directly apply on the face with a face pack brush. Leave it on for around 40-50 minutes and use it at least 2-3 times a week for best results.
Benefits Of The Ingredients Used:
Yogurt or Curd: It moisturizes the face and hence you don't need a moisturizer after the face pack. However, it does make the skin greasy. It has natural antibacterial and antifungal properties which effectively fight acne, prevent premature aging, relieve sunburn, and reduce discoloration, along with bringing a natural glow to the face.
Honey: It has antibacterial properties which are useful for acne treatment and prevention. It is also full of antioxidants which slow down the signs of aging. Honey is extremely moisturizing, soothing and adds a glow to the face. It is also clarifying because it opens up pores making them easy to unclog.
Sandalwood Powder: Brides often use sandalwood face mask to get the glowing and healthy skin before the D-Day. It has the ability to reduce and prevent skin problems like pimples, dark spots, pigmentation, etc. It is also effective in soaking excess oil and sebum from the skin. The toning effect of sandalwood helps in reduction of skin pores that offers an even skin texture and averts sagging and aging skin.
Fuller's Earth (Multani Mitti): It has an excellent ability to soak up oil and sebum from the skin and makes it naturally radiant, thus it has an amazing natural cleansing and absorbing properties. It helps you get rid of a lot of skin problems like pimples, tanning, blemishes, etc. and stimulates blood circulation to facial skin.
Rose Water (Optional): Rose water is optional but the glow it imparts to the skin is excellent. It can help soothe and cool the sensitive irritated skin, balances and cleanses oily skin, rejuvenates, softens and tones mature skin, revitalizes, prevent the signs of aging and nourishes the skin.
What is your favorite Skin Lightening Face Pack? Do share your views!
Contributed By: Salomi Das