6 Hair Removal Methods For Your Eyebrows
Eyebrows are a very important feature of our face. The shape of our eyebrows defines how our eyes an...
Sometimes we get stuck with the regular methods that we usually use and see around us and never explore other available options. It may be possible that the other method may suit you better than the present one. In this article, we will be discussing some methods that are available for eyebrow shaping and their pros and cons in detail so that you can avail the best method for eyebrow shaping.
This one is the most widely used and preferred method around the globe for eyebrow shaping. Each and every one of us has undergone this method at least once. Studies say that this method was developed centuries ago in Eastern and South Asian countries. A cotton thread is looped and twisted in such manner that it removes hair as the thread moves. This is the most effective method and pulls hair from its roots.
- Very precise shaping.
- Removes hairs from its roots.
- Economic as it requires only a thread.
- Chemical free.
Could be performed at home.
- Once you get the technique right, it requires only 5-10 minutes and voila! You are done.
- Very painful method.
- Technique is very tricky and requires a lot of practice.
- May not trap small hairs.
- May cause itching and redness of skin.
This method is uncommon and least used for eyebrow shaping. It is mostly used by the women who have thick and bushy brows which could not get easily trapped in the thread. Unibrows are also widely removed by this method both in men and women. Wax (hot or cold) is applied over the area to be waxed and pulled with the help of a strip. This causes the hairs to be pulled along with that strip resulting in hair removal from your brow bone.
- Removes large portion of hairs at once.
- Less painful than threading.
- Less time-consuming.
- Can groom thick brows.
- Pulls off hair from follicles, results may last as long as 4 to 6 weeks.
- Can be used on extra hair but eyebrow shaping through waxing is very difficult.
- Waxing requires hair to grow at least to one-fourth inch which means living with hairy brows till they grow considerably.
- May not be best for sensitive skin as it requires very hard pulling and tucking.
- Waxing can cause irritation and rashes depending upon the nature of your skin.
3. Tweezing / Plucking
This is the most popular and easiest way for self-eyebrow hair removal. All you need is a good tweezer and ample light. We can use it almost every day to keep our eyebrows defined and well shaped. Just grab your tweezer and start plucking the unwanted hair one by one which you think are out of place.
- Do not require prior practice or training to perform this method.
- Cost effective.
- Painless method.
- We can keep complete control over the shape of the eyebrows.
- We can over tweeze which can affect the shape of our brow and can cause over thinning.
Nowadays, many facial epilators are available in the market. Big brands are launching various styles of epilators that claim to give fast and easy hair removal experience at home. Epilating is a great option when you don't have much time although using them on eyebrows can be a bit tricky.
- Anyone can use them at home itself.
- Easily available online through trusted brands.
- Battery operated, so saves a lot of time and effort.
- Chemical free.
- Facial epilators of reputed brands are quite costly.
- Tricky to use, may not be helpful in properly shaping and curving the eyebrows.
5. Laser Hair Removal
Lots of women are opting for this method as this is a permanent solution. Many big saloons are providing attractive packages on laser hair removal and you are free from visiting saloons every week. However as eyebrows are really close to eyes this method should be performed in utmost care and by a specialist only. Hairs follicles are burned with the help of the laser, hence allowing permanent reduction of hair from that area.
- Permanent removal of hair so you get well-groomed eyebrows 24 hours.
- The length of hair free period is many times higher than any other method.
- The cost of the laser hair removal technique is very high.
- Removes extra hair but does not provide actual shaping of brows.
- Dark skin people should avoid this method as it has more side effects on dark skinned people.
- Some cases of eye damage due to laser have been reported.
- Tiny hair can start re-growing even after treatment that needs to be removed timely.
We tried to incorporate each and every method for eyebrow grooming here, you can choose whichever suits you best. Remember a little risk is always good. If you feel that a particular method is not suiting your skin type or is not that effective, try switching to other methods and find what suits you best. Please comment below to share your routine eyebrow shaping methods and how you find the article.
Image Source: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Contributed By: Chahat Monga