Country Chicken Curry / Natu Kodi Curry
Country Chicken is probably the tastiest of the chicken varieties available. Also, it is quite healt...
- Country Chicken pieces - 1 kg
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Red Chili powder - 2 tablespoons
- Ginger-garlic paste - Half tablespoon
- Coconut pieces - 2 handfuls
- Garam Masala - 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder - Half teaspoon
- Coriander powder - Half teaspoon
- Onions - 2(finely chopped)
- Green Chillies - 4(slit into two pieces)
- Oil - 3 tablespoons
- Coriander leaves - Few
- Mint leaves - Few
- Water - As required
Take a bowl and add the chicken pieces. Add turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder and ginger-garlic paste. Marinate for half an hour.
Make a paste of coconut, garam masala, pepper powder and coriander powder by adding little water and keep it aside.
Take a pan to heat and add oil to it. Add onions and green chillies. Fry till it turns light brown in color.
Add marianted chicken pieces and cook for 5 mins.
Add the coconut masala paste we prepared and mix well. Cook for 20 minutes or till the chicken is cooked. Country chicken takes long time to get cooked than normal chicken. Check for spices, if needed add more. Add coriander leaves and mint leaves. Remove from heat and serve hot.
Serve the delicious Country Chicken Curry with hot steamed rice and onions along with a slice of lemon.