Vanilla Cake - In Electric Rice Cooker (Write For Us Contest Entry - 100)
This is from my mom’s kitchen. Earlier, my mom had no experience of baking in oven. She has got an i...
- Dry Ingredients:
- All-purpose flour/Maida - 1 cup
- Baking powder - One and half teaspoons
- Powdered Sugar - Three-fourth cup Wet Ingredients:
- Eggs - 2
- Vanilla Extract - 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Boiled Milk - One-fourth cup Optional:
- Sliced Strawberries/Orange Cubes - One-fourth cup
Mix all the dry ingredients by using whisk. Sieve it to avoid any lumps.
Add eggs to the flour mixture one by one and mix well.
Once it is mixed well, add oil. Then add vanilla extract and mix well.
Add milk and mix well until it is well incorporated.
Batter is transferred to the electric rice cooker bowl. Add straw berries to the batter and fold by using spatula.
Bake it for about 15 to 20 minutes. Allow it to cool on the cooling rack.
Once it is cooled down, add frosting or leave it as it is. You can use Vanilla buttercream over the cake!!
If the vanill cake is served plain, then it is best to have it along with cup of tea.
Contributed By: Archana Vijay