Eggplant Fry / Brinjal Fry
This is an easy recipe which can be experimented by beginners in cooking. I always advise people who...
- Eggplant / Brinjal - 500 grams
- Onions - 1(finely chopped)
- Green Chillies - 3(finely chopped)
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - Half teaspoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Red Chilli powder - 2 teaspoons
- Coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
Take a pan to heat and add oil to it. Add onions and green chillies along with turmeric powder and wait till they turn light brown in color. Cut the eggplant into slices and as and when you cut dip them in salt water and keep aside to avoid discoloration and bitterness. Add the cut eggplant pieces into the pan immediately after you cut.
Add ginger-garlic paste and coriander powder and mix. Check for salt and if not sufficient, add. Cook by covering with a lid for 15 mins on low-medium flame.
Once the eggplant pieces are cooked, add red chilli powder. Cook without covering with lid for 5 more mins. Remove from heat. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Serve this as a side dish with sambar/rasam rice.