10 Interesting Facts You Didn't Know About Ranveer Singh
Ranveer Singh is one of the fresh faces of Bollywood. He was born on 6th July 1985 in Mumbai. His de...
1. The full name of Ranveer Singh is Ranveer Singh Bhavnani. He decided not to use his surname 'Bhavnani' because he thought the whole name won't be saleable in the industry. On top of it, he was thinking of changing his name, as he felt it sounded similar to 'Ranbir'.
2. Ranveer Singh was in Indiana University studying creative writing. He took up theatre as a minor. During this time he was asked to perform something for his theatre class, which was full of foreign students, he performed Amitabh Bachchan's famous dialogue from "Deewar." Even though the students in his class did not understand a word of what he said, he received a big applause from them for his acting. After his college, his first job was that of a copywriter with the advertising agency – O&M and later on in J. Walter Thompson. He then worked as an assistant director, but left it to pursue acting.
3. Ranveer Singh had rejected 3 movies before making his Debut in Band Baja Baarat. He was very choosy because he wanted his face to be a fresh face in Bollywood, so he rejected serials and ads. The minute Aditya Chopra saw Ranveer Singh, he decided to cast him as the lead in Band Baja Baraat. During this time a rumour was making rounds that his father had paid Rs.10 crore to Yash raj films to feature Ranveer in the film, although he denied this rumour, and was hurt by this story.
4. Ranveer Singh is Sonam Kapoor's cousin from the maternal side. He is close to his mother but the actor is also known to speak to his father in difficult situations. In fact his father was the one who gave him confidence during the shooting of Bajirao Mastani after his shoulder surgery. He also has an elder sister named Ritika Bhavnani.
5. Other than being a spectacular actor, he can also rap. He rapped few lines in his own film 'Ladies vs Ricky bahl.' He also rapped in 'Ching's Secret' and 'Durex' ad. Other than his rapping, his mimicking skills have also been appreciated. He can mimic many actors such as Amrish puri, Anil Kapoor or Saif Ali Khan.
6. During his college time, Ranveer and Ahana Deol were in a relationship. It continued throughout the college life until they decided to mutually end it. Ranveer and Ahana are still good friends. He even attended Ahana's wedding with Deepika Padukone.
7. According to Ranveer, to charm a girl, a man needs to do three things - have a good sense of humour, give a charming smile and always smell fresh and masculine and not like a bunch of flowers. We think he does it all, and Deepika is lucky to have him.
8. Ranveer Singh's latest five-minute ad for Ching's secret was of 75 crore. The ad film which was directed by Rohit Shetty and starred Ranveer Singh and Tamannaah Bhatia in leading roles received over 6 million views online.
9. Ranveer Singh's mom does not like the fact that her son keeps dying in most of his films. Ranveer was quoted saying that be it Lootera, Gunday or Bajirao Mastani, he dies in all the climax scenes. He didn't want his mother to see Bajirao Mastani because of this, but she insisted and watched the film. But soon after the film got over she was numb and hugged him for half an hour. However, Ranveer's mom hopes to see a film with Deepika and him in which he doesn't die.
10. Lastly, regarding Deepika and Ranveer, they were friends from many years but on the sets of Ram Leela (2013), their bond became stronger. After that Ranveer went as far as to insist that he should be cast in the role of Deepika's deceased husband in Finding Fanny. Deepika always had something nice to say about Ranveer in her interviews, once she said that, "He has the ability to make people laugh and feel special. We are constantly surrounded by doubt and negativity, and today, people like him are lesser in number." On the other hand, Ranveer was also praising her, saying, "To know her personally is a privilege. She is fiercely independent and I count on her as a support system."
Ranveer Singh won two Filmfare Awards: Best Male Debut for Band Baja Baraat (2010) and Best Actor for Bajirao Mastani (2016). He has received an additional Best Actor nomination at the ceremony for Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela (2013).
So after reading this if you feel like watching any of his movies, here is a list of Ranveer Singh's movies.
- Band Baja Baaraat - 2010
- Ladies vs Ricky Bahl - 2011
- Bombay Talkies - 2013
- Lootera - 2013
- Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela - 2013
- Gunday - 2014
- Finding Fanny - 2014
- Kill Dil - 2014
- Hey Bro - 2015
- Dil Dhadakne Do- 2015
- Bajirao Mastani - 2015
- Befikre - 2016
Image Source: 1, 2, 3, 4