Everything You Need To Know About Hillary Clinton
"You know, everybody has setbacks in their life, and everybody falls short of whatever goals th...
This powerful thought itself represents the attitude and personality of the person who has quoted it. She is one of the most sought after female celebrity of the world right now despite the fact that she is not an actress or supermodel or a sports star. She is the first women in U.S history to become the presidential nominee of a major political party and if everything goes well she is soon going to become one of the most powerful and influential persons in this world, i.e., U.S president. She is the perfect example of women empowerment and has always emphasized that women are equally good in every field as men or even better. She is married to former American president Bill Clinton and served as the first lady of U.S from 1993 to 2001 and first lady of Arkansans from 1983 to 1992. Here we are talking about Hillary Clinton, former first lady of America and U.S senate member.
Interesting Facts About Hillary Clinton
- Her maiden name is Hillary Diane Rodham born to Hugh Ellsworth Rodham and Dorothy Emma Howell on October 26, 1947.
- Her father was a small business owner of textile industry and World War II navy veteran.
- Her mother was abandoned as a child, so Hillary decided to work for the rights of children when she grew up.
- She was actively involved in politics from early years. She was nominated first ever student speaker at her college commencement ceremony.
- She first met Bill Clinton at Yale law school where she completed her post graduation and stayed an extra year there to be with him.
- She first refused the marriage proposal from BILL CLINTON but after long years of courtship she finally admitted and they tied the knot in 1975. Their daughter Chelsea was born in 1980.
- She played major role in her husband's victory in elections and took all the responsibility of promotion and advertising in her hands. It is during this time she officially ditched her maiden name and adopted "Hillary Clinton" as her official name.
- During the time she served as the first lady she started her most desired "Children Health Insurance Program" which after facing so many hurdles finally was implemented due to her sole efforts.
- In 1995, Hillary led the U.S. delegation to Beijing to attend the U.N. Fourth World Conference on Women, despite being told by some officials not to go. She gave a groundbreaking speech, declaring that "Human rights are women's rights, and women's rights are human rights once and for all" —which inspired women around the world.
- In 2015, she faced a lot of criticism for handling all government businesses with her personal email account but she handled the controversy and came out of it nicely.
- In 2016, she became the first women in America's 240-year-old history to be elected as nominee for presidentship.
Hillary Clinton Style Check
Hillary Clinton has always been in talks because of her works and not majorly because of her fashion and style. She has never taken fashion too seriously and earlier used to be seen supporting skirt suits and pant suits in pastel colors only. But now being an important political figure she seems to have given her wardrobe a major revamp and her new style suits her really well.
Some of the highlights of her current style are:
- She prefers abstract pattern over matching ones.
- She mostly supports bold jacket along with trousers.
- Beaded necklace is her favorite accessory.
- She seems to be inspired by Indian artwork and her jackets detailing comprises of Indian like thread and printed work.
- She rocks Nehru collar like pro.
- She is never seen gone overboard with makeup and coral orange seems to be her favorite lipstick color.
- She believes in style means comfort and never wears tight clothes and dresses. She loves her clothes to be looser and comfortable.
Hillary Clinton has been the trending celebrity of 2016 and this reflects in her style statement also. Whatever she wears, she always looks adorable and adorns a powerful attitude which shows she is ready to conquer the world.
Image Source: 1, 2, 3