Tutorial : How To Do A Donut Bun
If someone asks me to define summer in three words, for me it will be – ice creams, tank tops, and bun. Bun hairstyles are totally on trend ...
- Two rubber bands
- Donut bun or sock bun
- Hair clips or bobby pins
1. Take a small section from the front top and tease it a little bit to form a puff. This step is completely optional.
2. Tie your hair in a high ponytail and secure with a tight rubber band.
3. Now, wear a donut bun or sock bun (I have used an old sock) over your ponytail just like you would wear a rubber band.
4. Now lean forward and let your hair fall over the bun. You can also comb the hair if you want that neat look. Otherwise, make it look neat with your hand and as soon as you get that donut looking bun, tie a rubber band on top of it.
5. Take the rest of the hair and twist it between the fingers just like shown in the picture.
6. Now, simply circle it around the bun and secure with a pin or hair clip.
7. Voila! Your donut bun is ready!
There is another way you can do this if you have extremely long hair. After step 2, put the donut bun at the end of the ponytail, holding it upwards. Then, roll it in and secure with a bobby pin. I used this method because my hair has medium length and too many layers.