MAC Naked Liner Lip Pencil Review
I have never used any lip liner from MAC and this is my first liner from this brand. Most of the lip...
About MAC Naked Liner Lip Pencil:
A pencil designed for shaping, lining or filling in the lip. Lip Pencils have a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for lining the lips or filling them in. They are available in a wide selection of colors that each work well with many different lipstick shades.
MAC lip liner in Naked is from the Mac too fabulous collection.
990 INR for 1.45 g
My Experience With MAC Naked Liner Lip Pencil:
Packaging: This beautiful pencil is encased in a sleek matte wooden fold with a black cap. It is not retractable. The packaging is similar to all the other MAC lip liners.
Shade: The shade is flesh toned beige which is very similar to a concealer. This particular shade cannot be worn bare on Indian skin tones as it would look like a concealer. Therefore, you can either use this as a base or to conceal the lips to achieve a fuller lip.
Texture: This lip pencil glides over my lips without a bit of tugging or pulling and the texture is absolutely creamy. It is very comfortable to wear I would say.
Pigmentation: It is highly pigmented and that is the best quality of this pencil. But if any pressure is applied while application, it can turn out to be a mess. Gliding it too much over lips will make it uneven as the liner is a bit unforgiving.
Staying Power: I never wore this liner on its own but when this liner is used as a concealer or as a base lip color, it helps to stay the lipstick to last for 6-7 hours with little snacks and drinks in between.
Summing up the pros and cons.
Pros Of MAC Naked Liner Lip Pencil:
- Non-drying formula.
- The texture is creamy; hence it can be applied over the lips without any tugging or pulling.
- Great color payoff. Single swipe is enough to make the color come out.
- Beautiful pigmentation as it completely conceals uneven lips or any dark patches on lips.
- Helps the lipstick to stay for a long duration.
- Reasonable pricing as it is worth every penny spent on this.
Cons Of MAC Naked Liner Lip Pencil:
- This isn't a conventional color and not everyone can pull off this shade. It best suits light toned complexion.
- Indian skin tones will find it difficult to use.
- The pigmentation is a bit unforgiving.
Diva Likes Rating:
Light skin toned people can pull off this shade better. This can be utilized as a base color or to conceal uneven lips for people with dark skin tones. I don't think I need to buy this pencil again as it would last long. Moreover, I hardly use it.
Contributed By: Salomi Das