MAC Naked Liner Lip Pencil Review
I have never used any lip liner from MAC and this is my first liner from this brand. Most of the lipsticks overflowing in my stash are eithe...
About MAC Naked Liner Lip Pencil:
A pencil designed for shaping, lining or filling in the lip. Lip Pencils have a smooth, creamy texture that is perfect for lining the lips or filling them in. They are available in a wide selection of colors that each work well with many different lipstick shades.
MAC lip liner in Naked is from the Mac too fabulous collection.
990 INR for 1.45 g
My Experience With MAC Naked Liner Lip Pencil:
Packaging: This beautiful pencil is encased in a sleek matte wooden fold with a black cap. It is not retractable. The packaging is similar to all the other MAC lip liners.
Shade: The shade is flesh toned beige which is very similar to a concealer. This particular shade cannot be worn bare on Indian skin tones as it would look like a concealer. Therefore, you can either use this as a base or to conceal the lips to achieve a fuller lip.
Texture: This lip pencil glides over my lips without a bit of tugging or pulling and the texture is absolutely creamy. It is very comfortable to wear I would say.
Pigmentation: It is highly pigmented and that is the best quality of this pencil. But if any pressure is applied while application, it can turn out to be a mess. Gliding it too much over lips will make it uneven as the liner is a bit unforgiving.
Staying Power: I never wore this liner on its own but when this liner is used as a concealer or as a base lip color, it helps to stay the lipstick to last for 6-7 hours with little snacks and drinks in between.
Summing up the pros and cons.
Pros Of MAC Naked Liner Lip Pencil:
- Non-drying formula.
- The texture is creamy; hence it can be applied over the lips without any tugging or pulling.
- Great color payoff. Single swipe is enough to make the color come out.
- Beautiful pigmentation as it completely conceals uneven lips or any dark patches on lips.
- Helps the lipstick to stay for a long duration.
- Reasonable pricing as it is worth every penny spent on this.
Cons Of MAC Naked Liner Lip Pencil:
- This isn't a conventional color and not everyone can pull off this shade. It best suits light toned complexion.
- Indian skin tones will find it difficult to use.
- The pigmentation is a bit unforgiving.
Diva Likes Rating:
Light skin toned people can pull off this shade better. This can be utilized as a base color or to conceal uneven lips for people with dark skin tones. I don't think I need to buy this pencil again as it would last long. Moreover, I hardly use it.
Contributed By: Salomi Das