Tomato Salsa Dip (Write For Us Contest Entry - 73)
A fresh and chunky salsa with tomatoes, chillies, peppers and onions which is also known as Pico de ...
- Tomatoes - 4 tablespoons(chopped, moderately ripe)
- Onions - 2 tablespoons(chopped)
- Green Chillies - 1(finely chopped)
- Sprigs of Coriander - Few(chopped)
- Lemon juice - 2 teaspoons
- Black pepper - One-fourth teaspoon
- Oregano - One-fourth teaspoon
- Salt - As per taste
Finely chop the onion, tomatoes, green chillies and coriander.
Mix the onions, tomatoes, chillies and coriander together. Mash it slightly with a spoon.
Add lemon, salt, oregano and black pepper to taste.
Let the salsa rest for 10 minutes before serving.
You can have salsa with the tried and tested tortilla chips, tacos or nachos. A thin-crust pizza, noodles or Mexican bean rice also taste good when mixed with salsa. You can also serve it with baked potatoes.
Contributed By: Manjula Bharath