Finger Millet Flat Bread / Ragi Roti (Write For Us Contest Entry - 75)
Ragi or Finger Millet is a nutritious and protein rich food. This is many a times made as a breakfas...
- Ragi Flour / Finger Millet - 1 cup
- Cumin Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Onions - 1(finely chopped)
- Grated Carrot - 3 tablespoons
- Red Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - One-fourth teaspoon
- Green Chillies - 2(finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves - 2 tablespoons(chopped)
- Salt - As per taste
- Water - To knead the dough
- Oil - To grease
Combine ragi flour, onions, green chilies, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, salt and coriander leaves in a mixing bowl.
Then add water and make a dough(like chapathi dough).
Divide the dough into equal balls. Take a pan and grease it with oil. Then place a ball of dough which is made flat them using your fingers.
Now cook it in low flame. When one side is cooked then turn it to other side and cook it.
Tasty and healthy finger millet flat bread is ready to eat.
Serve it hot with any pickle. This is a bit dry kind of roti. So eat it hot because if it cools down it wont taste that good.
Contributed By: Manjula Bharath