Vegetable Dalia (Write For Us Contest Entry - 61)
Vegetable Dalia is very good for children as it is very nutritious. When you are having an uneasy feeling in your stomach prepare dalia and ...
- Cracked Wheat(Daliya) – Half cup
- Moong Dal - Half cup(washed and drained)
- Ghee(Clarified Butter) - 1 teaspoon
- Ginger - Half teaspoon(finely grated)
- Garlic - Half teaspoon(minced)
- Peas/Carrots(your choice of veggies) - 1 cup
- Salt - As per taste
- Turmeric powder - One-Fourth teaspoon
- Asafoetida(Hing) - One-Fourth teaspoon
- Water - 4 cups
Heat Clarified Butter(Ghee) in a pressure cooker. Add Cracked Wheat(Daliya) to the hot ghee.
Roast it until fragrant.
Add washed and drained Moong Dal.
Also add water, peas/carrots, ginger, garlic, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt.
Mix and pressure cook for 1 whistle, turn off stove and allow the pressure to go down by itself.
Serve Vegetable Dalia with yogurt or ghee.
Contributed By: Manjula Bharath