Mutton Pepper Curry (Write For Us Contest Entry - 48)
Mutton, the word itself sounds exotic for meat lovers. Lots of finger licking recipes can be prepared with this. Today's post is on spic...
- Onions - 2(finely chopped)
- Tomato - 1(finely chopped)
- Green Chilies - 2(chopped)
- Ginger-Garlic paste - Half tablespoon
- Mutton - 250 grams(boneless)
- Turmeric powder - One-fourth teaspoon
- Chilli Powder - Half teaspoon
- Coriander powder - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - One and half tablespoon
- Coconut - 2 tablespoons(finely chopped)
- Saunf - 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder - 2 teaspoons
- Coriander leaves - Few(for garnishing)
Wash the mutton pieces and keep aside.
Add the chopped onions in a pressure cooker. Add the chopped tomato and green chilies. Now add the ginger-garlic paste. Add all the powders(Turmeric, chili, coriander and salt).
Now add the mutton pieces and mix well.
Pour little water and close the lid. Wait for the first whistle and simmer the flame. Cook for 20 minutes and switch off the flame.
Heat oil in a pan and add the saunf followed by the chopped coconut pieces.
Fry till they turn crispy and add the cooked mutton along with the water. Add pepper powder and cook for 5 minutes or until the gravy consistency occurs.
Once done, garnish with coriander leaves and remove from flame.
Serve with hot steamed rice or with Indian breads.
Contributed By: Priya Satheesh