Brown Stir Fry Rice In Sambal Sauce (Write For Us Contest Entry - 27)
Me and my husband both are health freaks. He doesn't like lot of stuff, mostly made of white flour so when ever possible I use brown ric...
- Cooked Brown Rice - 2 cups
- Onions - 1 (chopped)
- Carrot - 1 (chopped)
- Frozen Peas - One-fourth cup
- Cabbage - Half cup(chopped)
- Thai Chillies - 2 (chopped)
- Ginger - 1 (big piece, chopped)
- Garlic cloves - 5 (big, chopped)
- Soya Sauce - 2 teaspoons
- Sambal Sauce - 2 tablespoons
- Vinegar - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - 1 teaspoon
- Salt - If required (optional)
Cook brown rice in plenty of water. Two cups rice will take at least 20-30 minutes. Drain excess water and let them cook little bit.
Meanwhile cut all the vegetables you needed for stir fry. Heat wok on high heat. Add oil in it and add ginger, garlic and chillies. Stir fry for 30 seconds and add all vegetables and cook on high flame for 5 minutes. You need crunch in it so don't over cook it. Add rice and mix it well. Add soya sauce, sambal sauce and vinegar and mix it till vinegar evaporates and rice is dry.
Serve it with any stir fry Chinese dish.
Contributed By: Linsy Patel