Mint Paneer Tikka (Write For Us Contest Entry - 13)
Paneer Tikka is the most lovable appetizer among vegetarian people. It is an exotic kabab made of In...
- Paneer(Cottage Cheese) - 250 grams
- Ginger-garlic paste - Half tablespoon
- Yogurt/Curd - 2 tablespoons
- Turmeric powder – Half teaspoon
- Garam masala - Half tablespoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Pepper powder - One-fourth teaspoon
- Carom seeds(ajwain) - 2 teaspoons
- Dry Mint Powder (Pudina powder) - One and half teaspoons
- Egg - 1(optional)
- Gram flour (besan)- 3 tablespoons
- Cream/Malai - Half cup
- Oil - For basting
- Capsicum - 1(de-seed and cut into cubes)
- Tomato - 1(de-seed and cut into cubes)
- Onion - 1(cut into cubes)
Mix ginger-garlic paste, curd, turmeric powder, garam masala, salt, pepper powder, carom seeds, mint powder, egg, gram-flour, cream in a large bowl. Whisk it nicely.
Marinate paneer pieces and veggies in it for 2-3 hrs.
Roast the paneer pieces in an electric tandoor or over a charcoal grill for 6-7 minutes. Keep basting with oil in between, cook till paneer and veggies are cooked evenly from all the sides.
Transfer to a serving plate, arrange the veggies and paneer pieces in the tooth-pick. Sprinkle little chaat masala on the top. Serve hot.
Serve them with mint chutney, onion rings and lemon wedges.
Author: Shruti Dhingra Wahi