Eggplant & Potato Dry Sabzi (Write For Us Contest Entry - 4)
This is a simple brinjal and potato dry sabzi which can be prepared even by beginners in cooking. Not much of ingredients and not much varie...
- Potatoes - 2(peeled and chopped)
- Eggplant - 1(finely chopped)
- Green Chillies - 2(finely chopped)
- Dry Mango Powder / Aamchoor - Half teaspoon
- Coriander powder - Half teaspoon
- Red Chilli powder - Half teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - Half teaspoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Asfoetida / Hing - pinch
- Chopped Ginger - Half teaspoon
- Cumin seeds - Half teaspoon
- Coriander leaves - To garnish
Peel and cut potatoes in medium size pieces. Cut the eggplant also in medium size pieces and wash both vegetables thoroughly.
In a pan, heat oil in medium flame. Add cumin seeds, chopped green chillies, ginger and asfoetida or hing and saute it till its ready. Once cumin and chillies start popping, add chopped vegetables to the pan.
Add salt and turmeric powder, stir it and cover the pan with a wide plate. Put water on top of the plate, and keep the heat to low. The vegetables would cook on the heat from water in the plate. Keep stirring the vegetables at regular intervals to stop them from burning. When vegetables are cooked remove the plate. Add the rest of the masalas and mix it nicely. Cook for one or two mins more.
The vegetable is done and serve it garnished with coriander leaves.
The dry dish tastes good with roti, poori or chapathi.
Author: Meena Bhatia