Brown Rice & Its Benefits
Majority of people in different parts of the world take rice as a staple food. We have heard about v...
Difference Between White Rice & Brown Rice:
Brown rice is produced by removing only the outermost layer of the grain of rice.
White rice is produced by removing the next layers under the outermost layer of the rice. In this process, several vitamins and minerals are lost.
All the while I was having white rice in my diet but lately I realized brown rice has a number of benefits and is good for health in the long run. Lets have a look at how a simple change in your diet, from white rice to brown rice, will contribute to your good health.
Benefits Of Brown Rice:
- It is a good source of magnesium, hence it is good for bone health.
- It helps in healthy bowel movement.
- It prevents weight gain.
- It is high in fiber content.
- It reduces cholesterol.
- It helps in controlling blood pressure levels.
- It releases sugar in a slow fashion in the body and hence lowers the risk of diabetics.
What do you like to have? Brown rice or white rice?
Image Source: Google Images