What do you prefer to eat when it rains? One would definitely prefer something hot. How about having hot pakodas with tea? Do you think anything can beat this combination? Atleast I don't think so. It is raining cats and dogs at my place from the last few days and I found a reason to try out the pakodas. Do try this next time it rains at your place as it makes a perfect snack when its cold and showering!
- Chickpea flour / Besan flour - 2 cups
- Rice flour - One-fourth cup
- Onions - 2(finely chopped)
- Green chillies - 3(finely chopped)
- Salt - As per taste
- Red Chilli powder - 1 tablespoon
- Cooking soda - 1 pinch
- Coriander leaves - Half bunch(finely chopped)
- Curry leaves - 3(finely chopped)
- Water - Required to make the batter
- Oil - To fry
Take a bowl and add chickpea flour, rice flour, onions, green chillies, salt, red chilli powder, cooking soda, coriander leaves and curry leaves.
Add water and mix it well to get a batter as shown in the below picture.
Take a pan to heat and add oil to it. Once the oil heats, drop the spoonful of pakoda batter and fry till it turns light brown in color.
Remove the pakodas from heat and drain excess oil by using napkins. The delicious onion pakodas are now ready to be served.
Serve the hot pakodas as a snack with tomato sauce and tea.