Chicken In Fenugreek Leaves / Methi Murgh
Last week I went to a restaurant and there I came across this recipe Methi Murgh. It tasted great an...
- Chicken - 1 kg
- Fenugreek Leaves - 7 bunches
- Onions - 3(finely chopped)
- Green Chillies - 4(finely chopped)
- Tomatoes - 4
- Red Chilli powder - 4 tablespoons
- Salt - As per taste
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Leaves - Half bunch
- Mint Leaves - Half bunch
- Ginger-garlic paste - 1 tablespoon
- Coriander powder - 1 tablespoon
- Oil - 4 tablespoons
Take a pan to heat and add oil to it. Add onions and green chillies and fry for 5 mins.
Add fenugreek/methi leaves and cook for 2 mins.
Take a blender and add tomatoes, ginger-garlic paste, coriander powder, salt, turmeric powder and 2 tablespoons of red chilli powder. Blend to form a smooth paste.
Add the tomato paste in the pan and cook for 5 mins.
Add the chicken pieces and mix well. Cook for 20 mins by covering the pan with a lid.
Add coriander and mint leaves and the reamaining red chilli powder. Cook for another 10 mins till the curry comes close.
Remove the curry from heat and serve it.
Serve the delicious Chicken In Fenugreek Leaves with roti/chapathi or with steamed rice.