Chettinad Prawn Curry
Chettinad cuisine is the cuisine of chettinad region of Tamil Nadu in South India. This is one of the spiciest and most aromatic cuisine in ...
- Prawns / Shrimp - 750 grams
- Tomato puree - 1 cup
- Onions - 1(finely chopped)
- Coconut - 1(small coconut shredded finely)
- Garam masala - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder - 1 teaspoon
- Green Chillies - 4(finely chopped)
- Red Chilli Powder - 2 teaspoons
- Salt - As per taste
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - 2 tablespoons
Take a blender and add tomato puree,shredded coconut, garam masala, salt, red chilli powder and coriander powder. Blend it finely and keep this puree aside.
Boil the shrimp in water by adding salt and turmeric. Once the shrimp gets boiled, drain the water and keep the shrimp aside.
Fry the onions and green chillies in a pan by adding oil till they turn light brown in color.
Then add the puree and cook for 10 mins.
Add the shrimp and mix well so that the shrimp pieces get coated with the masala.
Cook for 15-20 mins and remove the curry from heat. Garnish with mint leaves and lemon and serve it hot.
Serve the delicious Chettinad Prawn Curry with hot rice.