DIY : Licorice Face Pack For Instant Glow and De-Pigmentation
I have been reviewing products back-to-back and thus thought of taking a break and doing a DIY for a...
- Licorice Powder / Yastimadhu
- Red Sandalwood Powder / Rakhta Chandan
- Honey / Madhu
- Rose Water / Gulab Jal
- Yogurt / Dahi
- Patanjali Divya Kantilep (optional)
Benefit Of The Ingredients Used:
- Licorice is antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and its demulcent properties help to heal various skin conditions, such as redness and inflammation. It also brightens the skin and helps in removing the pigmentation with continuous usage.
- Red Sandalwood Powder nourishes the skin, brightens the complexion, exfoliates mildly, controls the oily skin and evens out the skin religiously. It is also great for de-tanning.
- Honey is a natural antibacterial, rich in antioxidants which help in slowing down aging and adds a moisturizing and soothing layer to the skin with a natural glow.
- Rose has various anti-inflammatory properties which help in toning the skin, soothe the sunburn and also helps in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores. It is also a great mixing medium for face packs at home.
- Yogurt is great for hydrating the skin (especially in winter months), reduces the wrinkles and fine lines in future, helps to lighten the blemishes and pigmentation and soothes the skin from sunburn.
In a bowl, add 2-3 tablespoons of yogurt.
Add half tablespoon of Patanjali Divya Kantilep (optional). I add this because it works wonder for my skin.
Add Red Sandalwood Powder to this mixture. You can substitute with normal sandalwood powder as well.
Then, add 1-2 tablespoons of Licorice Powder.
Pour few drops of honey. Normal to dry skin may add 1 tablespoon as well.
Add rose water to mix everything thoroughly. With the help of a spoon, mix it until it forms a thick paste.
And the Licorice Face Pack is ready to be applied.
Directions For Use:
1. With the help of a flat foundation brush or face pack brush, apply all over the face, leaving out the area around the eyes.
2. You can either wait for it to dry out completely or keep it for 30-40 minutes.
3. Once the time is over, dampen the face and start massaging in a circular motion (with the face pack on) but very slowly. This will exfoliate the skin as well with mild exfoliating particles in Licorice Powder.
5. Do it for around 2-3 minutes and wash off.
6. If you are going to step out in the sun, thoroughly apply sunscreen.
Do try this DIY at home and let me know how it worked for you.