Spinach Dal Rice (Write For Us Contest Entry - 60)
Palak Dal Rice is an ideal healthy lunch box recipe for kids. Easy way of making kids to eat palak a...
- Onions - 2(finely chopped)
- Tomato - 1(big, finely chopped)
- Green Chillies - 4(sliced)
- Rice - three-fourth cup
- Toor Dal - One-fourth cup
- Spinach - 2 cups(finely chopped)
- Oil / Ghee - 1 tablespoon
- Mustard Seeds - 1 teaspoon
- Cumin Seeds - Half teaspoon
- Salt - As per tastew
- Water - 3 cups
Soak the rice and dal before starting the cooking process.
Heat oil or ghee in a pressure cooker and add the mustard seeds, once it starts spluttering add the cumin seeds. Add the chopped onions, fry them for a minute and then add the green chillies.
Now add the tomatoes followed by the chopped spinach and saute well. Add the turmeric powder and salt.
Meanwhile, wash the soaked rice and dal. Add it to the palak and mix well.
Add the measured water and close the lid for 4-5 whistles.
Wait till the cooker steam releases and cools down. Once done, open and slowly mix the rice adding extra ghee for the flavor. Serve hot.
Serve with Potato Fry, Chips and Raita.
Contributed By: Priya Satheesh