Chicken Lollipops (Write For Us Contest Entry - 10)
Chicken Lollipops are the most common appetizer you will get in every restaurant, whether its Chines...
- Chicken Lollipops - 250 grams(around 10-12 pieces)
- Ginger-garlic paste - Half tablespoon
- Yogurt/Curd - 2 tablespoons
- Soya Sauce - One-fourth teaspoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Red food color - few drops
- Pepper powder - One-fourth teaspoon
- Oregano - One-fourth teaspoon
- Paprika powder - One-fourth teaspoon
- Egg - 1
- All-purpose flour/Maida - 3 tablespoons
- Bread Crumbs - 2 tablespoons
- Oil - For frying
Mix Ginger-garlic paste, red colour, soya sauce, curd, salt and pepper powder in a large bowl. Whisk it nicely.
Marinate chicken pieces in it for 2-3 hrs.
Take a bowl and beat egg in it. Add little oregano and paprika powder. Take a plate, add maida and bread crumbs in it. Also add little bit of salt and pepper powder. Mix well and keep it aside. Heat oil in a pan. Now take chicken pieces one by one, dip it in egg batter and then roll it in the maida mixture.
Do this with all the chicken pieces. Drop the pieces one by one in the pan, put 2-3 pieces at a time. Fry till golden brown in colour. Remove them on an absorbent paper.
Serve them with mint chutney, onion rings and lemon wedges.
Author: Shruti Dhingra Wahi