Prawn Biryani / Shrimp Biryani (Pressure Cooker Method)
Shrimp has been my favorite sea food since long. I haven't experimented much with it. The regula...
- Shrimp/Prawns - 1 cup
- Salt - As per taste
- Turmeric powder - 1 teaspoon
- Water - As required
- Yogurt - 1 teaspoon
- Red Chilli powder - 1 teaspoon
- Coriander powder - Half teaspoon
- Garam Masala powder - 1 teaspoon
- Ginger-garlic paste - Half teaspoon
- Oil - 3 tablespoons
- Bay Leaf - 2
- Cardamom - 2
- Cloves - 2
- Cinnamon - 2
- Onions - 1(small, finely chopped)
- Green Chillies - 3(slit into two halves)
- Curry leaves - Few
- Tomatoes - 1(finely chopped)
- Fenugreek leaves - 2 tablespoons
- Basmati Rice - 4 cups
Boil the shrimp in water adding salt and turmeric powder. Once done, drain the water and keep them aside.
Marinate the boiled shrimp by adding yogurt, salt, red chilli powder, corainder powder, garam masala powder, ginger-garlic paste and one tablespoon of oil. Let it stay for half an hour.
Take the pressure cooker to heat and add 2 tablespoons of oil to it. Add bay leaf, cardamom, clove and cinnamon. Add onions, green chillies and curry leaves and cook for 3 mins. Then add tomatoes and cook for 2 mins
Add the marinated shrimp along with fenugreek leaves.
Add the basmati rice and mix well. Cook for 5 mins and then add 5 cups of water for 4 cups of basmati rice.
Pressure cook for 3 whistles and then remove from heat. Serve hot.
Serve the delicious Prawn Biryani with yogurt raitha.