Broccoli Tikki (Write For Us Contest Entry - 104)
In the world of healthy vegetables, broccoli occupies the special status of being one of the most nu...
- For Tikkis:
- Grated Broccoli - Three-Fourth cup
- Oil - 2 teaspoons
- Onions - Half cup(finely chopped)
- Ginger-garlic paste - 2 teaspoons
- Green Chilies - 1 tablespoon(finely chopped)
- Red Chili powder - Half teaspoon
- Cumin powder - Half teaspoon
- Potatoes - Half cup(boiled, peeled and mashed)
- Bread Crumbs - One and half tablespoons
- Salt - As per taste For Stuffing:
- Mozzarella Cheese - 4 tablespoons(grated) Other Ingredients:
- Oil - For greasing and cooking(shallow frying)
- Tomato Ketchup - As required
Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan. Add the onions and saute on medium flame for 1-2 mins. Add the garlic and green chilies, mix well and saute on medium flame for 4-5 mins. Add the broccoli and salt, mix well and saute on a medium flame for 4-5 mins, while stirring occasionally.
Add chili powder and cumin powder to the mixture. Remove from flame, transfer to a bowl and allow it to cool completely. Once cooled, add the potatoes and mix well.
Shape each tikki into flat rounds. Press a little in the centre of each round to make a depression. Place very little cheese stuffing in the centre of each round and roll again to make a flat round tikki.
Coat the tikkis with breadcrumbs.
Grease the tava using oil and cook the tikkis using the remaining oil till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
Serve the Broccoli Tikki with tomato ketchup or green chutney.
You can use them as burger patties and also make broccoli tikki chaat .
Contributed By: Manjula Bharath