Coconut Kulcha (Write For Us Contest Entry - 31)
Usually I make Aloo Kulcha or Paneer Kulcha, but Coconut Kulcha is something which I tried recently ...
- For the Kulcha:
- All-purpose flour / Maida - 2 cups
- Curd - One-fourth cup
- Soda-bi-carb - Half teaspoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Oil - 2 teaspoons
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon For the Filling:
- Desiccated Coconut Powder - 1 cup
- Finely chopped ginger - 2 teaspoons
- Pepper Powder - Two and half teaspoons(depending upon taste)
- Green Chillies - 2 teaspoons(finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves - Few
- Onions - 1 (medium, chopped)
- Salt - As per taste
For the kulcha, mix all the ingredients and knead a soft dough. Brush little oil on it, cover it properly and let it rest for 4-6 hours.
Now mix all the items of the filling properly.
Divide the dough into medium sized balls/ pedha. Take each ball and flatten it between your palms. Fill in the stuffing.
Seal the edges properly.
Sprinkle some flour on the rolling board and roll out the kulcha in desired shape and size. Similarly roll out all the kulchas. Cook these kulchas on hot tawa at moderate heat using oil accordingly.
The delicious kulchas are now ready to be served.
Serve these delicious kulchas with raita or achaar.
Contributed By: Mousumi Roy