Bread Rolls (Write For Us Contest Entry - 29)
Bread rolls are made by stuffing the bread pieces with crumbled cottage cheese or boiled potatoes. B...
- Bread Slices - 4
- Potatoes - 250 grams(boiled and mashed)
- Green Chillies - 3(finely chopped)
- Coriander Leaves - few(finely chopped)
- Garam masala - Half teaspoon
- Salt - As per taste
- Pepper powder - One-fourth teaspoon
- Dry Mint Powder - Half teaspoon
- Chaat Masala - Half teaspoon
- Oil - For deep frying
Mix all the ingredients in a large bowl except bread and oil. Keep it aside.
Now cut the bread into half. Dip the bread in water and press it lightly to discard the water.
At one end, place 1 tablespoon of potato mixture and start rolling towards the other end.
Press lightly to give oval shape for the rolls. Make all the rolls in similar way and place them on a plate.
Heat oil in a pan. Place 2 rolls at a time and deep fry them till golden brown from all the sides.
Take them out on an absorbent paper. Add all the remaining rolls and fry them till all the rolls are ready. Serve them hot.
Serve them with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.
Contributed By: Shruti